Sunday, September 9, 2007

Doing What I Do

Here is a picture of me with Toya's little girl. Toya was one of the first at-risk youth we ever worked with in Mission Raleigh and now Toya is an important part of Mission Raleigh.


Some of you may not know about Mission Raleigh. My husband and I founded a ministry 10 years ago that reaches at risk children, youth, and adults for Christ. We work in low income apartments across the city of Raleigh. We are known as a multihousing ministry. My husband is the missions pastor at our church. He does plan and take trips abroad, but our main focus is Mission Raleigh. We do provide essentials like food, clothing, furniture, etc. We believe if you are hungry, how can you focus on the Word of God. We do kids clubs, adult bible studies, tutoring, GED classes, youth nights, etc. We do a school supply drive every year before school starts. We provide Thanksgiving meals and we do Christmas stores that are totally free. Right now we reach about 500 people a week. But we are not
just a social ministry. Everything we do is about sharing the Gospel and dicipling those that become Christians. My husband and I were not able to have children of our own, but he has blessed us with literally hundreds. Little Amira in the picture is very special. You can see why. What a cutie!

Love ya
Kristi B.

No comments: