Wednesday, January 16, 2008

She's back!

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since I have communicated with you by blog. I have missed writing. I want to write more this year. (a New Year's Resolution)

Well here I am getting ready to stand by my husband's side as he has gastric bypass surgery next Monday. Our world is going to change drastically. It is exciting and a little scary. If you read this please keep us in your prayers as we embark on a new way of life. Food has always been the center of everything for us and this will cease to be so after the surgery. We go tomorrow to talk with the surgeon. I know the first few weeks will not be easy but we are in this together for the long haul. Who knows, if all goes well, maybe I will have the surgery next.

Just received my tickets and room confirmation for Living Proof Live with Beth Moore which will be in San Antonio, Texas in August. I am so excited! Can't wait to meet all my siestas! I am also praying that Mount Vernon will be able to host Beth Moore's simulcast from Kentucky, also in August. I hope to be facilitating Beth's new study "Stepping Up" this spring/summer. We have been waiting for this one haven't we Raleigh girls?

I have a great group of students this semester at Meredith. I love those girls! We have so much fun talking about hair and shoes! It is early, we haven't had any grades yet, but I think they like me almost as much as I like them. Of course this is the honeymoon period, we'll see how we feel after midterm.

Gotta go. Almost time for Wednesday night service. I haven't been to church in a while so I better make an appearance tonight. (Can't miss a lot when you are a pastor's wife without people noticing.)

Love ya!
Kristi B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you sweetheart and I just want to encourage you to write more on your blog.
God has so much to share through you and I trust this one medium that you can do that throgh.

ocean mommy said...

Hi,

Thanks for your comments on my blog earlier today. To answer your question, my Dad was in seminary and we were at Mt. Vernon in the 80's. (Like 83, 84. :!?) I doubt you all were there yet!!
It's good to hear that things are going well.

I am going to San Antonio in August and can hardly wait to see everyone. I have my conf. ticket, but still believing God to provide the rest. He will, I'm sure of it.

Have a very blessed day!
stephanie